Sunday, August 10, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY

For the next coming couple weeks, I’ll be busy as hell, so I don’t think I’ll be able to make another blog entry for a while. The truth the matter is, this school has weird scheduling issue, and you can be really free for a bit and then out of the blue extremely busy. The reason I making a post entry now although I’m quite busy at the moment is I miss you all in Toronto. I mean to my IMI buddies reading this blog, don’t be mistaken, I’ve made good friends here and all but there’s just something missing or something. Well let me get back on topic, I’m busy because I have many projects that are due in the next couple of weeks and a competition proposal due on Monday Aug. 11, 2008. If our group wins the competition we might be able to get a free trip all paid for by the school to Scotland. We’re talking about a free trip here, so it is a must win situation for my group and myself. If you enter a competition just for the fun of it, that’s practice! You compete to win, and that is the spirit that I believe in terms of competition. I’ve learned quite a lot about taking care of myself since I arrived here in Swiss, I don’t take naps as much as I used to anymore, and better yet I certainly believe I’m not as lazy anymore as I would periodically clean up my room.

Let’s see what has been going on lately??? The biggest objective that I had set out before I came was to lose weight, and from what I can see and from how my pants are getting loose, I think I’m doing a fine job. Some more workouts and maybe a month later I think I’m in shape to start posting pictures of me~ hahaha. I’ve also picked up some of my old snooker skills back by practicing quite a lot lately but too bad I have to utilize the skills on a pool table. The purpose is that there is a Sports Day event in school on the 23rd of this month where I’ll participate in basketball and pool. I want to win the pool competition, even though there are some people in the school that are really good especially the defending champion, but who knows maybe with a little bit of luck and me being in my top form I might pull something crazy and win it. Basketball I’m not too concerned about winning the competition as we did assemble what we call the “IMI DREAM TEAM” (name is temporary) where we have a true center, a true power forward, a guy capable of playing both a 2 or a 3 but I prefer he plays the 2, and lastly a guy that can shoot! My job is POINT GUARD~ hahahaha, I’m the 3rd tallest on the team but my position is the point guard, well I’m only there for defence anyways where I will try to smother the opposition’s point guard. Believe it or not, my tough defence is still there and I didn’t lose a step. Here and there I’ll be tossing up alley-oops and try to get a little fancy just to wow the people watching from the side. I don’t know how to put the description of the team in words but if you’ve seen us play you’ll understand why I’m not concerned and anything other than 1st place for us is a failure. You guys all know that Philip Lau doesn’t fail~

Life is full of setbacks! No matter how competent you are, you’re bound to hit a low somewhere. I think I just hit that low point, but to be honest, its a little depressing, but not to the point of where its making me very sad. I do think about it from time to time, but I think I’m also doing a good job controlling it. What’s wrong with me lately you may ask? Nothing really in particular as I still believe my pair of hands can allow me to achieve what I want, just a matter of how hard I’m willing to try. Some people may disagree with my antics and thinking, but I just want to do what I feel like. In the end, if I choose to step onto a rocky path then so be it. I know you guys all care about me and wish nothing but the best for me and I appreciate it, I’m just going to continue doing things that I feel is right and what I should do. Thanks to all that had talks with me this past week when I needed it. Don’t worry about me as there’s a saying “Every road leads to Rome”, just a matter of if the road I’m taking might be longer and not as smooth, but I’m sure it will lead me to Rome one day. I’ll leave u guys something to think about and please comment or say something in the chillspot regarding your answer, is there really something that is unreachable if you have a strong will to achieve it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Compared to where you were before, there is no way that your new life in Swiss is a "low point". Keep it up Phil, I see that you've grownup.